Information we collect automatically
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information:
- Your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., your Service Provider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or your School.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- date and time you access our site; and
- the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
- We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
- We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. These cookies are not required for site functionality. You are not able to create an account or log into our website.
Other information we collect
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms:
- When you submit the form on our Careers page, our website will send the information via email to our HR Director. We collect and may retain any personally identifying information such as your name, your email address, your street address, your cover letter, your resume, and any comments you include. We will save your contact information, cover letter, and resume for an unlimited period of time and circulate it to the appropriate hiring manager and co-workers when positions become available.
- When you submit the form on our Contact Us page, our website will send the information via email to our staff. We collect and may retain any personally identifying information such as your name, your email address, the subject, and any message you include. We will forward your information to the appropriate staff member.
- If you submit a raffle/contest form as part of our scientific conference offerings, our website will save the information you submit in a database. We may use your email address to send you updates and send you information regarding our business offerings, experience, and areas of expertise.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
We may keep information that will collect for an unlimited period of time.
What rights you have over your data
If you have submitted information to this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Please note that electronic communication, particularly email, is not necessarily secure against interception. Please do not send sensitive data (e.g., Social Security, bank account, or credit card numbers) by email or web form.