Join the SciLucent Team
SciLucent encourages scientific and regulatory professionals to contact us regarding employment opportunities. If you do not see any positions listed below, we currently are not actively recruiting for any positions, however, we always welcome inquiries, and resumes submitted will be considered for upcoming open positions.
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Human Resources Generalist (mid-level position)
SciLucent, Inc., a partially employee-owned (ESOP) Northern Virginia-based scientific consulting firm seeks a mid-level Human Resources Generalist. This position supports the human resources department’s practices and objectives with recruiting and training initiatives as well as provide other human resources department assistance.
Main responsibilities and day-to-day functions of the position include:
- Manage the recruiting and staffing activities across the organization (posting jobs, sourcing candidates, reviewing resumes, interviewing process, checking references, extending offers).
- Manage the background check process.
- Coordinate the onboarding process.
- Manage orientation process.
- Manage the training and development initiatives for the company.
- Manage the legal poster updates and communication of updates to employees.
- Assist with semi-monthly payroll.
- Maintain personnel files and support migration to electronic filing systems.
- Effectively communicate, work with, and build relationships with all levels of employees.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies.
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates.
- Assist with the performance management process and initiatives.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with labor regulations.
- Assist in the administration of benefits and compensation plans.
- Provide support and assistance to the Director of HR.
The ideal candidate will have the following Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., business management, human resources, marketing).
- A minimum of 5 years human resources experience.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with training and development of employees.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and critical thinking abilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat software.
- Ability to work with all levels of the workforce and sound judgment to effectively handle sensitive, confidential projects and responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge of employment/labors laws.
This is a hybrid position meaning there will be times where you will need work from the office while the rest of the time you will have the option to work in the office or from home.
Our most valuable resource is our people. We hire intelligent, creative, passionate professionals with a strong desire to learn. At our core – collaboration, camaraderie, growth, and collective hard work without egos. Our culture is one that encourages, supports, and celebrates our colleagues! We offer a congenial, supportive, and flexible work environment, the opportunity to work with knowledgeable consultants, a competitive salary, flexible benefits, and the ability to develop a tremendous amount of knowledge and expertise across many stages and areas of healthcare product development.
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed.
SciLucent is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their efforts in applying for our open position; while all applicants will be considered, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Send a cover letter and CV or resume
SciLucent offers a congenial work environment, the opportunity to work with knowledgeable consultants in multidisciplinary teams and learn the business of healthcare product development, a competitive salary, flexible benefits, profit sharing, and a tremendous opportunity for growth.
SciLucent is committed to equal employment opportunity as a sound business practice. Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected by law. Please see the two links below for important notices for job applicants and employees:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act: https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For other information regarding employment:
585 Grove Street, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20170